Model Center for Children with Special Needs at Chandaka, Bhubaneswar is run by qualified and experienced team of Specialists in Rehabilitation. The team that deals with the children consists of Speech language Pathologist, Physiotherapist, Clinical Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Dietician, Optometrist and Special Educators. This is the only centre in Odisha providing Multi modal therapy for Autism Spectrum Disorders and other Neuro-Developmental Disorders that causes delay in development of speech and language.
- The centre also deals with children affected with
- Attention deficit Hyperactive Disorders,
- Learning Disability,
- Cerebral Palsy,
- Mental Retardation
- Cognitive Impairment
- Seizure Disorders
- Congenital Hearing Impairment
- providing comprehensive therapeutic intervention to develop communication skill and Social Skilll. The center provides OPD services and Day Care facilities
Other services of the model center
- Family support and counseling for home based rehabilitation.
- Extension and outreach programs.
- Consultancy services to other centers for developing their facility.
- School screening and guidance service.